Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Book Review: Mort by Terry Pratchett

Synopsis: Death gets an apprentice and turns over much of his Duty to him. Then Death goes off to see what else there is to life.

Of the Discworld novels I've read, this is my favorite. Then again, Death is my favorite of Pratchett's characters. The least human of his characters, and yet the most human at the same time.

This book had a fully-established plotline with twists and tension and everything. I've found Pratchett's previous books (considering them in chronological order, which is how I'm reading them) somewhat lacked a coherent plot. Instead of the story, the reader is dragged through the books by Pratchett's wit. Mort doesn't have that problem although Pratchett's wit is as sharp as ever (sharper, I'd say).

An enjoyable book. What else is there to say?

No comments: