Thursday, December 6, 2007

So I lied.

Current Project: The Adventures of Algernon Oldman, Hero Maker. Chapter 5.

I guess it has been until December before I got around to posting again. Let's see... catching up. I finished my Writers of the Future story on September 29th. It came in at almost exactly 10,000 words. After that, I spent some time decompressing and started rewriting what I had done in before the WotF story. I found it impossible to step back into the novel where I left off, so I'm using ramping back up to speed as an excuse to rewrite.

I've been working on Chapter 5 for a couple of weeks now. I just couldn't get any scene with my character Gareth Tythingman to not suck. I finally realized it was because I only had a caricature of him in my mind. And it wasn't evan a good caricature. Last night I spent plenty of time working on fleshing him out and the scene is starting to work.

No comments: